2022 Webinar Series
Underwater Acoustics: 2022 DOSITS Webinar Series
The DOSITS Team will facilitate a free, four-part webinar series on underwater sound. Each webinar is scheduled for approximately 60 minutes and will be comprised of a presentation by one or more experts (topics listed below), followed by a period of facilitated discussion. The webinar series is open to all interested individuals, however, registration is required (see below). Webinars will be hosted via Zoom, however, a YouTube link will also be made available for the live event to registered participants. All webinars will be recorded and the webinar recordings will be available on the DOSITS website. Recordings are not on YouTube, only the live events.
DOSITS will again offer a Certificate of Professional Development in association with the 2022 Underwater Acoustics Webinar Series. To receive a certificate, interested individuals must:
- Participate in all four of the webinars in the 2022 series (either via the live webinar events, or watching webinar recordings once posted to the DOSITS website)
- Please note: participation in the DOSITS Special Anniversary Webinar, as noted in the schedule below, although encouraged, it is not required to receive a Certificate.
- In addition to webinar participation, after each webinar, interested individuals must complete a brief, post-webinar questionnaire. The link will be sent to webinar registrants.
- Each webinar will have its own survey to complete (each questionnaire will have a unique link).
- Individuals must use the same full name and email address in their post-webinar questionnaires as they used for webinar registration.
- To confirm questionnaire completion, please note, email addresses will be collected so that a copy of questionnaire responses can be sent to individuals interested in receiving a Certificate. These questionnaire responses will serve as a receipt of completion for each webinar questionnaire. Participants are encouraged to save these emails/files as a record of their program participation.
There are no fees associated with this certificate. 2022 post-webinar questionnaires are closed. Certificates will be sent to qualified individuals on or before December 31, 2022.
Registration for the 2022 webinars is below. Registration will be for each webinar, individually.
If you have any questions, please contact the DOSITS Team at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Completed 2022 Webinars
- Introduction to Underwater Acoustics – Archive Recording
April 20, 2022 at 1:30pm EDT
Dr. Joseph Warren, Stony Brook University
- Acoustic Propagation Modeling – Archive Recording
May 12, 2022 at 12pm EDT
Dr. Aaron Thode, Scripps Institute of Oceanography
- Consideration of Underwater Sound During Offshore Wind Developments
September 14, 2022 at 12pm EDT
Dr. Jill Lewandowski, Director BOEM Environmental Assessment, Director BOEM Center for Marine Acoustics
Stan Labak, Acoustic Modeling Lead, BOEM Center for Marine Acoustics
Alex Conrad, BOEM Center for Marine Acoustics modeling team
- Signal Processing 101 & Soundscapes
October 12, 2022 at 12pm EDT
Dr. Kathleen Wage, George Mason University
Dr. John Ryan, Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
- DOSITS 20th Anniversary Special Webinar
November 30, 2022 at 12pm ET
Presenters will discuss the current state of underwater acoustics knowledge and future research directions on the characterization of the underwater acoustic environment and the acoustics of marine mammals, fishes, and invertebrates.
Dr. Alec Duncan
Dr. Brandon Southall
Dr. Joseph Sisneros
Dr. Louise Roberts