Underwater Acoustics: 2022 DOSITS Webinar Series
The DOSITS Team will facilitate a free, four-part webinar series on underwater sound. Each webinar is scheduled for approximately 60 minutes and will be comprised of a presentation by one or more experts (topics listed below), followed by a period of facilitated discussion. The webinar series is open to all interested individuals, however, registration is required (see below). Webinars will be hosted via Zoom, however, a YouTube link will also be made available to registered participants. All webinars will be recorded and posted to the DOSITS website.
DOSITS will again offer a Certificate of Professional Development in association with the 2022 Underwater Acoustics Webinar Series. To receive a certificate, interested individuals must:
- Participate in all four of the webinars in the 2022 series (either via the live webinar events, or watching webinar recordings once posted to the DOSITS website)
- Please note: participation in the DOSITS Special Anniversary Webinar, as noted in the schedule below, although encouraged, it is not required to receive a Certificate.
- In addition to webinar participation, after each webinar, interested individuals must complete a brief, post-webinar survey. The link will be sent to webinar registrants.
- Each webinar will have its own survey to complete (each survey will have a unique link).
- Individuals must use the same full name and email address in their post-webinar surveys as they used for webinar registration.
- To confirm survey completion, please note, email addresses will be collected so that a copy of survey responses can be sent to individuals interested in receiving a Certificate. These survey responses will serve as a receipt of completion for each webinar survey. Participants are encouraged to save these emails/files as a record of their program participation.
There are no fees associated with this certificate. Post-webinar surveys will close November 21, 2022, and certificates will be sent to qualified individuals on or before December 31, 2022.
Registration for the 2022 webinars is below. Registration will be for each webinar, individually.
If you have any questions, please contact the DOSITS Team at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2022 Webinar Schedule
- Introduction to Underwater Acoustics – Archive Recording
April 20, 2022 at 1:30pm EDT
Dr. Joseph Warren, Stony Brook University
- Acoustic Propagation Modeling – Archive Recording
May 12, 2022 at 12pm EDT
Dr. Aaron Thode, Scripps Institute of Oceanography
- Consideration of Underwater Sound During Offshore Wind Developments
September 14, 2022 at 12pm EDT – Register for the Webinar
Dr. Jill Lewandowski, BOEM Environmental Assessment Division Chief
Dr. Erica Staaterman, Bioacoustician Bureau of Ocean Energy Management
- Signal Processing 101 & Soundscapes
October 12, 2022 at 12pm EDT
Dr. Kathleen Wage, George Mason University
Dr. John Ryan, Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
- DOSITS 20th Anniversary Special Webinar
DOSITS Webinar Archives