Decision Makers Webinars
Underwater Acoustics: Webinar Series for the International Regulatory Community
There will be four webinars in 2019, focusing on underwater anthropogenic sound sources:
- Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 12:00 pm ET: Commercial Vessel Traffic (Michelle Sanders)
- Thursday October 10, 2019, 12:00 pm ET: Echosounders (Kelly Benoit-Bird) and Sonar (Frans-Peter Lam)
Completed Webinars, SPRING 2019
- Seismics (Bob Gisner) took place Wednesday, May 1, 2019, 12:00 pm ET
- Pile Driving (Dr. James Miller & Dr. Kathy Vigness-Raposa) and Wind Turbines (Dr. Jakob Tougaard) took place Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 12:00 pm ET
- Sound Reception in Marine Mammals (Dr. Darlene Ketten) took place Tuesday, April 24, 2018.
- Potential Effects of Sound on Marine Mammals (Dr. Brandon Southall) took place Tuesday, May 1, 2018.
- Sound Production and Reception in Teleost Fishes (Dr. Craig Radford) took place Tuesday, November 13, 2018.
- Potential Effects of Sound on Marine Fishes (Dr. Arthur Popper) took place Tuesday, November 27, 2018.