Decision Makers Webinars
Underwater Acoustics: Webinar Series for the International Regulatory Community
The DOSITS Team facilitates a webinar series on topics related to underwater sound for the international decision-making community. Each year the webinar series has a different focus (topics listed below). The webinars are generally one or two presenters, followed by questions and last between one and one and a half hours. Archives of all webinars are listed below.
The 2019 webinar series is complete. Future webinar series will be listed on this page.
- Marine Seismic Acoustic Sources (Dr. Bob Gisner) took place Wednesday, May 1, 2019.
- Pile Driving and Wind Turbines (Dr. James Miller & Dr. Kathy Vigness-Raposa, Dr. Jakob Tougaard) took place Wednesday, May 22, 2019.
- Commercial Vessel Traffic (Michelle Sanders & Tabitha Takeda) took place Wednesday, September 18, 2019
- Echosounders and Military Sonar (Dr. Kelly Benoit-Bird and Dr. Frans-Peter Lam) took place Thursday October 10, 2019,
- Sound Reception in Marine Mammals (Dr. Darlene Ketten) took place Tuesday, April 24, 2018.
- Potential Effects of Sound on Marine Mammals (Dr. Brandon Southall) took place Tuesday, May 1, 2018.
- Sound Production and Reception in Teleost Fishes (Dr. Craig Radford) took place Tuesday, November 13, 2018.
- Potential Effects of Sound on Marine Fishes (Dr. Arthur Popper) took place Tuesday, November 27, 2018.
- Science of Sound Archive
- Marine Animal Sound Production & Reception Archive
- Potential Effects of Sound on Marine Mammals Archive
- Potential Effects of Sound on Marine Fishes Archive
- DOSITS Webinar Summary and Questions Archive